Just a Newuser, how will work with Picasa 2 5.0?

general questions about Neat Image
Alex 007

Just a Newuser, how will work with Picasa 2 5.0?

Post by Alex 007 »

Hello!

My son that understands Computer issue, just download for me the Non Commercial Free program, for the first time in my life that I will use any Noise reduction program...as mainly I shoot ONLY at 200 ISO with my lovely KM Dynax/Maxxum 7D camera which from my film already owned Maxxum 9xi I collect till today 8 lenses.

But as I'm an senior pensioner 63 years old...any new computer programs, among us is NOT so easy to cope for me today...for that my first Son who works on Cumputers since was in the Army...download me two "Easy to Understand" to my age programs the free Goggle Picasa last one 2 5.0 & today the Neat Image 5.6.0.1 built...for in case...that I will need to go to higher ISO issue, to get nice "Grain/Noise" free results.

My question if any of you can explain me, in a simple manner how works with Picasa Photo Organizer. :?:

Thanks so heart fully for your inputs :lol:

Peace,
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Picasa and Neat Image are two standalone programs that can be used to work with your images in the following way:

1) open and process a selected image in Neat Image by following this quick start guide;

2) import the image (that you have just saved in Neat Image) into Picasa.

To learn more about importing images to Picasa please use its menu Help | Importing Pictures to open the online help explaining this in details.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Alex 007

Post by Alex 007 »

Hello NITeam,

Yes I read 4 times the "Quick Start Guide"...& do as instructed...but first go TWICE one before the Neat processing & another one as "Save" after the processing...to my folder "Pictures" in my XP-PRO software...so after I finish all my photos...goes automatically to Picasa...I needed to "Save the Changes"...BUT...that's is the problem...the photos are COPIED TWICE...originals ones & "NEW" ones after the Noise/Grain reduction. :!:

What I really want is to get in my Picasa ONLY the PROCESSED one...& NOT both ones. :?:

Please...try harder, to advise in a simplier way how to do it right. :oops:

Thank you so much for your good will 8)

Peace,

Alex 007
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, this is normal that you have two copies (original and processed) because image processing tools (like Neat Image) are supposed to keep originals intact.

You can manually delete the original after you have processed them in Neat Image. Simply select them and delete. Please consult the Picasa help if you don't see how to delete images using Picasa.

Alternatively, you can delete the images using Windows Explorer.

Vlad
Alex 007

Post by Alex 007 »

Hello Vlad,

Yes that was I do...delete them from Picasa the "Original one"...also from time to time also I erase from "My Pictures" folder inside the XP-PRO software. :D

Again thank you so much for your erudite advice, really a lovely "Noise/Grain Reduction" program I use the "Filter Preset' at the "Default" settings...maybe later I will try other setings...I must learn slowly :wink:

I will try with faces, landscapes, leaves, etc...till I will know 100% what setting works best to my suits & KM 7D camera :D

Peace,

Alex 007
Alex 007

Post by Alex 007 »

Hi again Vlad,

Can you advise which settings instead my today in use "Default" one will provide at you erudite experience the best/top results with my lovely KM Dynax/Maxxum 7D camera. So istead trying I will set up for ever :!:

Thank you so much Vlad, for your good will, with me 8)

Peace,

Alex 007
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

For the best results I recommend the "Default" settings. They are made default for that reason.

Best regards,
Vlad
Alex 007

Post by Alex 007 »

Dear Vlad,

OK...I agree :D

It's possible to attach photos with my posts? if yes please do not hesitate to explain me in detail how to do it :?:

Thanks again for all your noble help :!:

Peace,

Alex 007
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You can attach photos that are uploaded on another webpage only (that is you cannot upload a photo to this forum). To insert an image from another webpage into a post on this forum please use Img button when composing the message.

Vlad
Alex 007

Post by Alex 007 »

Ok...I comprehend :D

Thanks,

Peace,

Alex 007