how to remove noise without creating device noise profile?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
royal999

how to remove noise without creating device noise profile?

Post by royal999 »

i have scanned some photos that is taken with a non-digital camera
my scanner doesn't produce any noise
beacause my photo is taken with a non-digital camera, so i don't have a device noise profile.

but the main problem is it that my photoes are fully detailed and they don't have any free space for perfect prfiling. i want to know that is it possible to remove the noise of those photos without creating device noise profile?
i know that the quality of denoising at this mode would be lower but it is better that select a bad profile for removing noise.
best regards.
stewstryker

Post by stewstryker »

What about using the Auto-Profile feature?

When you start up NI and you've opened a photo, just select a section of your photo where you think will be noisy and click Auto-Profile.
royal999

Post by royal999 »

the Auto-Profile in my images doesn;t give me good results.
but a fun thing, there is a free noisy part in my scanned images that doesn't have any relation to the my important part of total image, but it gives me slightly better results in chroma and a bit worse results in luminance than other noise removers like "reduce noise..." in photoshop CS2, however i know that this mode is better than removing noise with photoshop CS2
but really is it best mode?
because my result is very good, is it not very important that i seek for better soloution for my images.
i love neat image. my opinion always is focusing on a special problem in computer that neat image is one of them and not creating softwares that are general purpose. for example IMHO photoshop CD2 is the best image editing and filtering and professional creation for any one. but it lacks the quality of NeatImage and this is success.

best reagards.