NI batch processing and PSE organizer

questions about practical use of Neat Image
jadelson6

NI batch processing and PSE organizer

Post by jadelson6 »

I have PSE 4.0 and recently purchased NI Home+. Normally after shooting I upload my photos into the PSE organizer. With the Organizer, if I invoke the PSE editor and make changes (including NR via NI plugin), the changes are saved in a 'version set' within the organizer that preserves both the original and edited images, and 'stacks' them in the viewer. So far so good.

However, sometimes I take a bunch of pictures needing NR so I want to use the batch mode. It seems that NI batch mode will create new files that PSE organizer won't recognize as part of the same version set.

Any suggestions on how I can do NI batch processing while maintaining the original/edited version relationships within PSE organizer? Many thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It looks like PSE is keeping its own track of files edited in its internal editor so it is always able to tell whether a file is a version of an original or not. However, this doesn't seem to work with any external tools that may create new variations or versions. It looks like a limitation of PSE, though I may be wrong on this. You may want to check with Adobe whether PSE is able to recognize versions of image created by external applications.

Hope this helps.
Vlad