Noise Profile and Filter settings workflow ?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
leftright

Noise Profile and Filter settings workflow ?

Post by leftright »

NI v5.6 pro

1).
If i Auto create a new profile in a new job and i queue it, will the profile and filter settings be carried over into the batch window ?.

I create a new job, adjust noise and filter settings in the new job window.

I then queue that file, when the batch window is open I add the entire directory of the "new job photo" (this is where I expect the noise and filter settings to be carried over from new job window).

queue the lot and delete the file which is imported which is a copy of the original new job photo, (no doing the same file twice).
Last edited by leftright on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

1) no, that doesn't automatically change the filter settings, adjusting the filter settings is not related to loading/building profiles; also, you can choose which filter settings to use if you adjust the Defaults (and if necessary, Matching) settings in Neat Image Options;

2) Batch window or Filtration Queue window? If it is Filtration Queue then yes, and you can later re-open that filtration job in Filtration Job Editor to verify that.
leftright

Post by leftright »

thanks for your replies, I apologise for editing my questions a zillion times, but I'm struggling and slowly understanding your design philosophy with regards to batch workflow.

open a new file/job
adjust and apply noise/filter corrections
save those settings, (as they don't get carried over for batch processing)
then do batch jobs

at least thats how i think it works
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, it does not work this way. If you want to batch process many images please use this workflow.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
leftright

Post by leftright »

I have read the link thanks

but, the problem with that workflow is that it assumes that you have the noise/filter settings pre-saved in profiles, or that you use one of the built in presets.
If I want to batch process 20 files in a directory for which I have no pre-saved custom noise profiles I have to go through the whole process of first creating the required profiles in a new job, saving those profiles then starting a batch process.

thats how i understand it.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, you can build one custom profile and prepare one custom preset and then use them in the batch. Or you can build profiles on the fly using Auto Profiles. Or select one of the prebuilt profiles using Auto Match. Etc. There are many options available.

Vlad
leftright

Post by leftright »

I like the idea of Auto profile in batch processing, but my issue with "Auto profile" in batch is that it auto profiles each photo individually, hence if it comes across a file which it cannot Auto Profile it will skip that file, not great, for one then has to go back and manually process that file(s), if the other originals have been deleted as part of the workflow and one has several skips in one batch then thats an issue, as there could be no photo remaining on which one can do an auto profile.
Much better to have it do one auto profile based on a sample of that batch and apply that to the entire batch, this can only be done by manually creating and saving a auto profile for that batch.

thats just my .002c worth.

thanks for your time.