HELP! Recovering Text From a JPG Image

general questions about Neat Image
missy

HELP! Recovering Text From a JPG Image

Post by missy »

Hello,
I've spent hours looking for some method or some software that I can use to be able to read text off a JPG Image file. The image was taken using a cheap disposable camera and I really need to be able to read a text paragraph pictured. When I minimize into the image, it gets blurred, and I never managed to read it. :(
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me out! I'm a newbie with image processing and filtering and such.
Thanks!
probegt93

Re: HELP! Recovering Text From a JPG Image

Post by probegt93 »

missy wrote:Hello,
I've spent hours looking for some method or some software that I can use to be able to read text off a JPG Image file. The image was taken using a cheap disposable camera and I really need to be able to read a text paragraph pictured. When I minimize into the image, it gets blurred, and I never managed to read it. :(
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help me out! I'm a newbie with image processing and filtering and such.
Thanks!
Start by scanning the original negative at the highest resolution zooming in on the area you want to look at. If you don't have the original negative give the photo a try.

You will get the best results from the original film negative.
Mchilly

Text problem

Post by Mchilly »

Maybe you can post the image here and let's see what I can do about your problem :wink: