Silly Newbie Question

general questions about Neat Image
saturndude

Silly Newbie Question

Post by saturndude »

I would like to de-noise many pictures (300 or more) taken with 3 diferent cameras. If I use the stand-alone version, I can use the batch function.

If I call NeatImage from inside PS Elements 5, I can make sure that de-noising is a "layer" so it will not affect the original image. But it would take a long time, since my PS Elements does not have any "batch" function.

(I have not used Elements very much yet, but I am familiar with "layers" from Corel Draw 3 and Corel Draw 4.)

Can the stand-alone program create a layer that photoshop will recognize as a modification layer, so it won't hurt the original image, and I can use the batch feature to save time?

EDIT: The Home+ version is the one I was thinking about getting. I should have said that before. <End of Edit>

If am VERY comfortable with using command-line switches/arguments if that is what I need to do.

Also, I know that NI might have problems with Canon S3IS EXIF, but I never use "auto" ISO so that won't affect me.

REMEMBER: 1. Preserve Nature. 2. Always wear a helmet.
3. Ride safely. 4. Read owners manual carefully before riding.
NITeam

Re: Silly Newbie Question

Post by NITeam »

saturndude wrote:Can the stand-alone program create a layer that photoshop will recognize as a modification layer, so it won't hurt the original image, and I can use the batch feature to save time?
You can use the Batch feature in the standalone Neat Image to process many images and save filtered images into new files, so the originals will be preserved. You can then open both originals and filtered images (if both are needed) in PSE to continue your image processing there.

I think there is no easy way to do the same batch processing within PSE because it doesn't support batch processing.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
saturndude

Thanks!

Post by saturndude »

Thank you!

(Also, it is a different noise reducing product that is having problems finding the ISO when the Canon S3IS in "auto". Not Neat Image. I was confused.)