Developing profiles

general questions about Neat Image
saturndude

Developing profiles

Post by saturndude »

I would like to develop a profile for a camera. I have some photos, and I believe there are some clear skies that I can use.

Is blue sky enough to teach Neat Image about all the kinds of noise and all the color channels?

Is it better to use the test target? I still have access to the camera.

I want to take as much time and as much hard disk space as it takes to do a good job.

It only takes one photo for each profile, correct?

I think dark shots may be underexposed, so I think my "high ISO" profile should be somewhat dark. This way, Neat Image will learn about the sensor noise of the camera. Do you agree?

If there are things that are helpful to know, please tell me. I would like to create the profile set in the next two weeks.

REMEMBER: 1. Preserve Nature. 2. Always wear a helmet.
3. Ride safely. 4. Read owners manual carefully before riding.
NITeam

Re: Developing profiles

Post by NITeam »

saturndude wrote:I have some photos, and I believe there are some clear skies that I can use.

Is blue sky enough to teach Neat Image about all the kinds of noise and all the color channels?

Is it better to use the test target?
If you want to build a high-quality profile set that will be used to filter many different images then I recommend to use the standard procedure (described in the user guide) based on the Calibration Target.
saturndude wrote:It only takes one photo for each profile, correct?
Yes, this is correct.
saturndude wrote:I think dark shots may be underexposed, so I think my "high ISO" profile should be somewhat dark. This way, Neat Image will learn about the sensor noise of the camera. Do you agree?
I recommend to let the camera select exposure automatically to properly expose the Calibration Target.
saturndude wrote:If there are things that are helpful to know, please tell me. I would like to create the profile set in the next two weeks.
I highly recommend the user guide because it contains all our recommendations regarding building, structuring and documenting profiles with examples, tables and templates.

Hope this helps.
Vlad