Neat Image in GIMP

questions about practical use of Neat Image
bgroovy2

Neat Image in GIMP

Post by bgroovy2 »

I have downloaded the trial version of neatimage. I love how it works. The only question I have though is will the plug in versions work with GIMP? I could never justify spending 600 bucks on PS when GIMP will give the same results. Does anyone no for certain? :roll:
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think it can be possible to run the plug-in in GIMP with the help of PSPI (try to google "PSPI").

There are also other free plug-in hosts that can run Neat Image plug-in, like XnView and IrfanView.

Vlad
btrimmer

Neat Image Plugin with Gimp and PSPI

Post by btrimmer »

NITeam wrote:I think it can be possible to run the plug-in in GIMP with the help of PSPI (try to google "PSPI").
This is indeed correct. I have been quite happily running the Home+ plugin inside The GIMP for several months now, using the Photoshop Plug-in module (called PSPI for short). Just install PSPI, set the path to your Photoshop plugins, and make sure Neat Image is in that path. Works like a champ.

I don't know if the Pro+ plugin works though. I would imagine it runs, but since GIMP can't currently handle 16-bit files anyway I don't see how it would do much good to have the Pro plugin. (Unless you need to process huge batches of images, I suppose. *shrug*)