Some images within a batch process remain ON HOLD???

questions about practical use of Neat Image
jgayman

Some images within a batch process remain ON HOLD???

Post by jgayman »

I've been using Neat Image forever. :-) I'm currently running Pro+ ver. 5.6. I always run my jobs as a batches of 400-500 images.

This morning I'm running a batch, much like I always do, and I notice that about 15% of the images were by-passed by the batch and the status says "on hold". Even if I go back and try to queue those images it just sits there a while and goes back to "on hold".

I've never seen this before. Any idea why this might be happening or better - what I can do to flush out the "on hold" images.

Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

An image filtration job may stay on hold if not all components of the job are ready. The required components are: image, noise profile, filter preset. For example, if there is no ready-made noise profile specified in the job or the profile cannot be automatically built (if you use Auto Profile) using the image (some images contain no suitable areas) or it cannot be automatically matched against the image (if you use Auto Match) then the job cannot be processed until you provide the profile in some way.

Try to open one of these jobs in the Filtration Job Editor to see which component is missing.

Vlad
jgayman

Post by jgayman »

You are correct. It was because the batch was using "auto profile" and the noise profile could not be automatically built. After playing around for a long time I finally got the idea to go run an image individually and then I saw the error.

These were all images from a theatrical production and the ones that failed were all of spot-lit actors. The subjects were well-lit and noise free with a black background and Neat Image was unable to profile from the black background.

There were a few like this which didn't even need noise reduction but I went ahead and manually specified an ISO1600 noise profile and then they processed normally.

Now that I know what's going on I can watch out for this in the future. Thank you for the helpful response.