Unable to build profile

questions about practical use of Neat Image
peter

Unable to build profile

Post by peter »

Hello, I am currently using Neat Image 4.3 Beta in PS CS3 Beta on an Intel Core 2 Duo iMac.

I have shot the calibration target from the LCD screen - no reflections or glare. Whenever I try to build a profile using calibration target I receive the "Unable to find uniform area" error.

I have tried using TIFF files from completely out of focus to out-of-focus but with the colours clearly discernable, without success.

I have tried also using profiles for my Nikon D200 that I have downloaded from the site. They have unzipped successfully and I have placed them in the Profiles folder. I can navigate to them in the plug-in but the profiles are greyed out and cannot be selected.

I am a little frustrated at this point. ;)

I can use auto profile which seems to be okay but would like to use my own if possible. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
peter
NITeam

Re: Unable to build profile

Post by NITeam »

Hello peter,

Thank you for the message.
peter wrote:I have shot the calibration target from the LCD screen - no reflections or glare. Whenever I try to build a profile using calibration target I receive the "Unable to find uniform area" error.
Could you e-mail me that image so that we directly reproduced the error message to see what was causing the problem?

Also, did you use the "Auto Profile with Calibration Target" function or just "Auto Profile"?
peter wrote: I have tried also using profiles for my Nikon D200 that I have downloaded from the site. They have unzipped successfully and I have placed them in the Profiles folder. I can navigate to them in the plug-in but the profiles are greyed out and cannot be selected.
Could you make a screenshot of the greyed out profiles for me please? I hope it would give us some hint.

Thank you for your participation in beta testing and your feedback!

Kind regards,
Vlad
peter

Re: Unable to build profile

Post by peter »

NITeam wrote:
Also, did you use the "Auto Profile with Calibration Target" function or just "Auto Profile"?
Hello Vlad,

Thank you for your very prompt reply. Yes, I did use this function and cancelled the operation after the error message. I have emailed the shot of the calibration target and the screenshot as you requested.

I appreciate your assistance greatly.

Kind Regards,
peter
peter

Post by peter »

Hello Vlad,

Just a quick update. I have tried the final release and I am happy to tell you that I no longer get the error message "unable to find a uniform area."

Your assistance has been greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
peter
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Great! Thank you for your feedback and test image!

Kind regards,
Vlad