Installation Problems - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
brianmisty

Installation Problems - resolved

Post by brianmisty »

I had Neat Image running fine under Vista and PS CS1. I recently upgraded to PS CS3, so I uninstalled Neat Image > Restarted Computer > Downloaded the Latest Version > and Reinstalled Neat Image (5.7 Pro+ - same version I had before).

Now, when I try to open Neat Image standalone, the splash screen comes up and then a Neat Image window minimizes to the lower left hand corner. I cannot move it, maximize it or close it.. it is as if it is locked up. I can only open it by clicking on the minimized window and then hitting the esc key, and then a window called "Neat Image Pro+ /Filtration Queue" opens.

In PS CS3, when I select the filter from the dropdown, PS is now locked up until I hit the esc key. After hitting esc, I can work in PS again, but never see the Neat Image filter. I should mention that I still have CS1 installed and Neat Image will no longer run under it either. The exact same behaviour.

I have uninstalled, cleared cache, redownloaded and reinstalled about 4 times now. It does the same thing every time.

Please HELP!

Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit
Photoshop CS3
Neat Image 5.7 Pro+
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please try to start Neat Image with the Ctrl pressed. This should bring the main Neat Image window back.

Vlad
brianmisty

Post by brianmisty »

That did it. Thank you.