Frequent crash during batch with NI 4.3 and CS3

questions about practical use of Neat Image
david_hill

Frequent crash during batch with NI 4.3 and CS3

Post by david_hill »

Hi -

My first day on the product. Love the results, but my batch processing is randomly dying every few or few dozen images. I have got as many as perhaps 75 images between crashes... There are two failure modes: One, Photoshop CS3 throws that error that a batch command has been stopped for some unknown reason, OR second, Photoshop simlply "unexpectedly quits." ... I think it's important to note that I am using Auto Match mode and NOT Auto Profile. If I were using Auto Profile, the reason for the stoppage would be obvious, in that every dozen pics or so there is one that does not have a good sample area. As it is, I'm baffled.

Tech data: I'm on a 2.66 quad core with 5 GB RAM and Mac OS X 10.4.9. CS3 Mac. The images being processed are 5D RAW files with XMP sidecar. I have set ACR to open them at 16-bit in sRGB. The action just contains Net Image, followed by a conversion to 8-bit, and save to JPEG, and that's it. Nothing too complicated.

Thanks for any advice... If you would like Photoshop crash logs, I do believe I have a few!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, any crash logs would be very much useful for diagnostics of this problem. It may have to do with the EXIF data in images and/or profiles so it may also be important to have some samples of both for direct tests.

Please send any collected diagnostic materials to our support e-mail.
We will try to diagnose and fix the problem as soon as possible.

Please also try to replace Auto Match with Auto Profile to see if this makes any difference.

Thank you very much,
Vlad