Non-specific ISO profiles

general questions about Neat Image
hingarfi

Non-specific ISO profiles

Post by hingarfi »

I have built ISO profiles for my Canon 570IS for the specific ISO values that the camera allows: 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600. They work fine. However, in the AUTO ISO mode, the camera sometimes uses ISO values 125, 160, 250. I can not get the camera to use these ISO values when photographing the Profile Target image. Hence, I can not build profiles for these non-standard ISO values.
Is there some way I can edit an existing profile (eg ISO 100) to make NeatImage use it for ISO 125 pictures? I tried a simple file re-naming but NeatImage was not fooled by this ruse. OR, better still, any suggestions on how to force the camera to take the Profile Target image at these non-standard ISO values. (In MANUAL mode, the camera only allows the standard ISO values)

My first post for NeatImage. Great program.
Bert Texas
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am afraid there is no other direct way than trying to shoot the target in AUTO ISO mode with varied level of illumination. Try to shoot the target in a room and make it gradually darker. The camera will switch to higher non-automatic values and you will get the right shot.

Another option would be to build and use profiles only for standard ISO values and then additionally fine-tune the loaded profiles to working image to compensate for the small difference in ISO levels, like ISO 160 (image) and ISO 200 (profile).

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Last edited by NITeam on Wed May 09, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hingarfi

Post by hingarfi »

Thanks Vlad

I'll try your great suggestion of varying the room light to con the camera into the desired non-standard ISO while photographing the Profile Target.
Bert Texas