Identifying files processed in neat image

questions about practical use of Neat Image
jaysmith

Identifying files processed in neat image

Post by jaysmith »

This might seem a trivial issue, but how can I easily identify files processed in neat image?

To avoid complications with my image database, I save the output over the starting image, hence there is no file suffix, so it seems the only way to identify which files I have processed is to compare created and modified date which is tedious.
As far as I can see, the EXIF data is preserved exactly as in the starting image (i.e. there is nothing written to the Software field)

Is there a something which I am missing?

cheers
Jay
--
Neat Image Home v5.8 /Win
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think the best (the easiest) way to easily identify NI-processed image would be to use the file suffix. Otherwise you could indeed use the modification date: sort the files by date and find those modified on a specific date when you applied NI.

Vlad

P.S. Since this is a question about use of NI, I will move the topic to the corresponding section of the forum.
jaysmith

Post by jaysmith »

Thanks for the prompt response!

Unfortunately changing the file name would break the linkage to my image database, meaning I would have to re-tag each processed image; and sorting by date would not discriminate images from neat image and those from other editing software.

Again perhaps the wrong section of the forum :( but perhaps a suggestion for a new feature would be to have the option to write "Neat Image" into the Software field of the Exif data (as PS does), or even a simple log txt file of images processed.

edit: sorry to sound like I am complaining about the software - this is actually a very small annoyance, and neat image is fantastic - I have been recommending it to everyone who will listen :)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestions. It should be possible to add that tag to the EXIF data, so we will consider this option.

Thank you very much for your support!

Kind regards,
Vlad