Same camera, different name

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
malebron

Same camera, different name

Post by malebron »

I have downloaded a set of profiles from your site for the Canon IXUS 60, which is known here in the USA as the model SD600. (identical camera, different name)

Because my camera identifies itself as "SD600" it does not automatically pick up the correct IXUS 60 profile. It seems I can open the profile manually, but it would be nice to have it automated like it's supposed to be. I tried changing the file name, but that's not enough.

Is there a way to edit the camera name inside a profile so it gets picked up correctly?

Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You cannot edit those names but you can tell NI to pay less attention to the names (menu Tools > Options > Matching > Profile Matching > Matching parameters priorities > Input device - set this to High).

You can also build your own set of profiles for SD600, this may be even better because such profiles will better match noise properties of your camera.

Vlad
MichaelAC

Post by MichaelAC »

Dear NITeam,

really no possibility?

It would be extremely handy, because these Canon Ixus cameras are absolutely identical.

Concrete: I really would like to use the Canon Powershot SD1000 profile for my Canon DIGITAL IXUS 70. Again: the same cameras, onbly different names!!!

Please, please ...

Regards,
Michael
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Set the Input device matching priority to High in Neat Image options, that should be enough to enable using those profiles.

Vlad
MichaelAC

Post by MichaelAC »

NITeam wrote:Set the Input device matching priority to High in Neat Image options
Thank you Vlad.

One additional question: does this really help ...because we have several cameras, the Ixus 30 (=SD200), the Ixus 70 (=SD1000), the 350D (=Rebel XT) and the Powershot A520.

Fortunately, all these have different pixel sizes - is this enough to find the "right" profile?

Thank you again for feedback,
Michael

EDIT: No - unfortunately it does not help ... Neatimage does find the Ixus-30 profile for my Ixus70 images.

Is there any other possibility - maybe I can "load" the profiles into Neatimage and can store them under the right name?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, that will not help. You can either build a new profile set (I recommend that for higher accuracy of both matching and actual filtration) or manually select the profile folder to be used in maching when working with images from different cameras.

The right way is to build a new profile set. It is easier than you think, believe me.

Vlad
MichaelAC

Post by MichaelAC »

NITeam wrote:... You can either build a new profile set (I recommend that for higher accuracy of both matching and actual filtration) ...
Done :wink: (and sent to support (at) neatimage.com)

Thank you again for your help,

regards, Michael
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you very much! :)

Vlad