High resolution?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
rymdrattan

High resolution?

Post by rymdrattan »

Okey!

So I downloaded the demo to see how good of a Barbie look i could get. I was amazed that I actually got exactly the kind of plastic Barbie look on a woman that I had been looking for, for about 3 years.

But!

I don't get the same results on larger images. And that annoys the crap out of me. It works wonderfully in 800x600 images or rather 600x800 images. But (with my lack of experience with NE) in high resolution pictures, I can't get the plastic look anymore. The blurring isn't blurry enough and it's really hard to get the blurryness on the right areas.

And if I would to use NE many times over each other i get pretty awful results.

Any solution to this problem?

/räven
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Try to include some actual details into the area you use for noise profiling. Start with some small details and check filter preview, then re-build the noise profile using an area with more details and again check filter preview.

Vlad
rymdrattan

Post by rymdrattan »

Didn't work as well as I had hoped. Also it has problems "flattening" FFFFFF total white spots. I saw someone else had this problem in another thread.

But I know the program is supposed to reduce noise, not for skin retouching. But with minor modification in the software it would be (maybe it already is) the best skin-retouching software out there. Maybe more of a skin smoothening software. :)

I'm glad I've tried it though. As I mentioned, it did miracles on portraits with 600x800 pixels.

/mvh räven