When I use a profile - I get Match "Unknown"

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Minnow

When I use a profile - I get Match "Unknown"

Post by Minnow »

Greeting!

I am using a profile for a Panasonic DMC-FX07. I downloaded both profiles available for my camera. When I use them, I get a 93% quality but a "match unknown"

I have tried using "auto profile - regular image' but only get a 76% quality - 100% match. I also attempted a semi-manual profile and got about the same results.

My question is this:
1. What could I do to resolve the 'match unknown' value using the profile
if nothing - Than
2. Any tips on getting my auto profile or manual profile quality higher.

I am relatively new to N I and am just in the beginning of learning process.

Thanks for your help!

Suz
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

To get any specific value of the match level, both noise profile and input image should have the EXIF data. The DMC-FX7 profiles have the EXIF data so if the input image has the EXIF then the match level should be available.

76% is not bad (usually good and sufficient) for a regular image. You can try to shoot the Calibration Target to build a profile with higher quality. Manual profiling may help too but you will have to check the user guide to see how to do it. Usually, Auto Profile is able to build a good noise profile right away and in less time. You can still assist Auto Profile and sometimes improve its result by manually selecting a noisy middle bright area without details.

Hope this helps,
Vlad