Printing Calibration Target

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

When I save and then print the calibration target it does not look like the Target on my monitor. The copied version in my pictures file and the printed version come out in gray-scale. The target on the monitor has other colors. can you help me please,
Old Jim
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It doesn't matter much, grayscale or color. If you want to print in color please use the color images from this page.

Vlad
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

I followed those instructions. Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly? When I select display the target the target appears in color on my monitor. When I select save the target it saves it in gray-scale in the file. I printed it and it prints a gray scale version. My pictures are color so does it matter if I use a gray-scale target for calibration? A color version doesn't seem to be available for printing!
Old Jim
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It doesn't matter much, grayscale and color printed versions produce very similar results.

The color versions is available for printing in the web page I specified above.

Vlad
Old Jim

Post by Old Jim »

Thank you Vlad for your reply and patience! I did not realize those were links in the instructions and I kept trying to print the color version from the "save calibration button". It only prints in one size and it is gray-scale there. I now have the color version and will begin to develop profiles for my camera. I'm an old man and slow so will probably have more stupid questions as I go along. It's very good of your group to provide you here to hold our hands. I'm very impressed with this level of support and it's availability to me. I will surely share this good news with folks on DP Review, where I frequently Post. Thanks again,
Old Jim
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You are always welcome here, Old Jim. If you have any questions about profiling just let me know and I will try to help.

Kind regards,
Vlad