Device Noise Profiles & NR Filters

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
markubig

Device Noise Profiles & NR Filters

Post by markubig »

Hello,

I've been a NI user for a while now, but I've never used device profiles mainly because I never understood the concept. I usually just moved sliders and when the picture looked nice, I applied the filters.

Well now I want to use these device profiles, as the work is coming in and becoming more and more cumbersome. So here is my question:

I just downloaded the Canon 40D device noise profiles from from the NI website. Are these noise profiles already supposed to have preset slider adjustments for the noise reduction filters? Every profile I've opened has the same settings on the NR filter sliders . . . So I guess I need to be educated on the need for the profile if I have to adjust the sliders anyway.

Thanks, in advance, for your assistance in my learning experience.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I highly recommend to see the user guide (especially the sections called "Prepare a device noise profile" and "Device noise profiles"), it provides a good introduction to profiles, their function, purpose, building and use.

You will also find out why the filter settings do not change when you load different profiles - because filter settings are not part of profiles. Profiles describe noise properties of cameras and scanners. Filter presets (filter settings) describe how you want to filter the image. These are two generally independent things so they are kept separate.

Anyway, please check the user guide for more details. We have spent a lot of time collecting and putting all this information into the user guide. Thank you for taking time to read it. :-)

Kind regards,
Vlad
markubig

Post by markubig »

NITeam wrote:I highly recommend to see the user guide (especially the sections called "Prepare a device noise profile" and "Device noise profiles"), it provides a good introduction to profiles, their function, purpose, building and use.

You will also find out why the filter settings do not change when you load different profiles - because filter settings are not part of profiles. Profiles describe noise properties of cameras and scanners. Filter presets (filter settings) describe how you want to filter the image. These are two generally independent things so they are kept separate.

Anyway, please check the user guide for more details. We have spent a lot of time collecting and putting all this information into the user guide. Thank you for taking time to read it. :-)

Kind regards,
Vlad
Thank you, Vlad . . . I'm gonna read and get back to you if I have any questions.