Preset profile or Default

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Old Jim

Preset profile or Default

Post by Old Jim »

If I auto profile an image and it is of better quality/match than the existing default what should I do. Can I replace the default with it or should I save it as a preset. Are presets saved in the same folder as the default profiles? What basically is a preset if it's not a default? Thank you,
Old Jim
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Noise profiles are noise properties of camera. You build profiles in the Device Noise Profiles tab in Neat Image /Win.

Presets are the (saved) filter settings that you adjust in the Noise Filter Settings tab. You can adjust those settings and save such adjustments as a preset to be re-loaded and used later, with another image. You can re-load any preset from the disk, you can make any of them your default preset by adjusting the Defaults in options.

Noise profiles and filter presets are different and independent entities, you use/change them in different stages of the Neat Image workflow. They are also kept separate when you save/load them to/from the disk. When you build a new profiles, your filter settings are not changing because they are independent.

Please see the user guide for more details about profiles and presets.

Thank you,
Vlad