Sony A700: downloaded profile, but cannot figure out...

questions about practical use of Neat Image
eieio

Sony A700: downloaded profile, but cannot figure out...

Post by eieio »

Hi All:

sorry for this newbie question:

I downloaded the Sony A700 profile(s), had to use winRAR to uncompress the "rar" file, and now, it is in the Neat Image folder on my hard drive.

So far, fine.

But when I try to use it in Neat Image, i discover that i cannot just select that folder - it appears to require that I further do more selections.

May I kindly ask what I need to do? Sorry but some type of step by step answer would be most appreciated. Not a technically great person, though i can follow directions and do as you say...but not an expert.

thanks in advance!
NITeam

Re: Sony A700: downloaded profile, but cannot figure out...

Post by NITeam »

eieio wrote: But when I try to use it in Neat Image, i discover that i cannot just select that folder - it appears to require that I further do more selections.
When you manually load an individual profile you have to select one of the files from the profile set. I guess that is what you are describing above.

You can also use profile matching to make Neat Image automatically load the most matching profile from the set. Neat Image can automatically find the most suitable profile based on comparison of EXIF data of the input image and EXIF data stored in profiles (their files names describe some of those EXIF data of profiles). Please see the section "4.2. Stage II. Prepare a device noise profile" in pages 10-11 (specifically, the subsection "To automatically select matching noise profile from a pre-built profile set" for more details on using profile matching. There are also matching settings
available in the options and described in pages 50-51. Please check these materials to see how you can use profiles from a pre-built set.

Thank you,
Vlad