Trying to save an ISO 1600 grainy photo

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Greg Ferens

Trying to save an ISO 1600 grainy photo

Post by Greg Ferens »

I have a photo I'm trying to save from destruction. It was shot at ISO 1600 on my Nikon D80. I've tried several things with no success. Smart blur seems to be most successful so far. Any ideas if Neat Image can help? I just purchased it last night and haven't had much time to play around with all the settings.

Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I would try the standard worflow first and would pay special attention to selecting the correct area for analysis in the step 4. Don't change the default settings in the beginning, just follow the workflow. I guess the results will be good already, but then it all depends on the image.

Vlad
Greg Ferens

Thanks Vlad

Post by Greg Ferens »

Thanks Vlad,

I'll try these tips, but part of the problem I'm having is viewing the image large enough to see any results of changes.

I've tried to look for a way to increase the image and viewing box size, but with no success. What am I missing?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You can adjust the zoom level of Neat Image viewer using the control in the top right part of the viewer.

How large is the image itself in pixels, what does Neat Image say about size in the bottom of the Neat Image window?

Vlad