Photoshop CS4 (WIN VERSION)

general questions about Neat Image
peegeenyc

Post by peegeenyc »

and another frustrated Vista 64 + CS4 user here.

I think you'll find a high percentile hereabouts: advanced users tend to gravitate towards programs like yours, and those same users have larger than normal files, plus more powerful computers to run them on.

User since 2003 also, love the program and its a *real* PITA to have to work on an image > shut it down> close PS64> open PS32> open the image> run Neat Image> save > close > shut down PS32 > open PS64 >open image. ugh...

I work on large images (600mb-2Tb) and or medium ones with many layers, 64bit Photoshop has saved me about 2 hours today. Really.
no more scratch disk writing - its an amazing productivity boost.

look forward to your 64bit development, asap & please contact if you need Beta's.
johno

Benefits of 64 bit

Post by johno »

I wanted to add my perspective here. The 64 bit version is helping me today with:

- with multiple large scans. I can scan for a while without causing Photoshop to swap. A medium res 8x10 scan can easily hit 2GB. Using 48 bit color or higher resolution will create a huge image.

- with my medium sized images with layers, especially if I open several at a time. It doesn't take many files to start 32 bit PS into swapping. It is great to open a related series and move back and forth between them to tweak settings to make them all consistent.

- with panos. It is trivial to create large panoramas now that will choke 32 bit Photoshop.

Our standard machines now are 16GB ram. The memory is cheap and the performance win is huge. All run 64 bit Vista or Windows Server 2008 and we;ve standardized on 64 bit Photoshop CS4. The largest we have is 96GB. It does an amazing job on large images! That seems like a lot of memory (ok, I admit that it is) but it really screams on very large images.

Please, do a 64 bit version asap!
budman

Post by budman »

I just upgraded to 64-bit hardware as well as CS4. I found this community by seaching for what I was doing wrong when attempting to install the plug-in. I'll chime in on the 'lets get this thing working' camp - Neat Image has been a fundamental part of my workflow for a very long time. Thanks for listening.....
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It is nice to see so many people subscribing here. We are working on the 64-bit version, and I hope it will become available for testing soon enough, hopefully in November.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Noise_remover

Post by Noise_remover »

NITeam wrote:It is nice to see so many people subscribing here. We are working on the 64-bit version, and I hope it will become available for testing soon enough, hopefully in November.

Kind regards,
Vlad
:D Good stuff. I look forward to seeing it soon, so I can uninstall CS3 32bit and go with the 64-bit goodness of CS4. :wink:
muratc

Post by muratc »

NITeam wrote:It is nice to see so many people subscribing here. We are working on the 64-bit version, and I hope it will become available for testing soon enough, hopefully in November.

Kind regards,
Vlad
It's been a month. Are there any developments with 64-bit version.

Thank You
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, there are a lot of developments. The 64-bit version is almost finished now. In fact, I am currently testing it on my computer and checking for any remaining issues. Our team members do the same, and I think this work will be completed in the coming 5-10 days, so the release is near.

Best regards,
Vlad
muratc

Post by muratc »

Great news, Thank you :)
sjprg

Post by sjprg »

:D Thanks for the help with the forum sign in Vlad. Let me add my voice to the 64 bit request as I am also using Vista 64 with 8Gb of memory for Adobe CS4 and Lightroom. CS4 with the new graphics support (openGL and shader 2.0) really make a difference when I am merging 15 to 20 images into a panorama. A 72X60 image displays smoothly with no slowdowns or hesitations. My next motherboard will have 16 Gb of memory.
NITeam

Good news

Post by NITeam »

I have some good news. A new product is practically ready and everything is set up. Today is the day. :)

Thank you for waiting for us to complete the necessary development, testing, documenting and everything else that should be done when a completely new product is created: a new product for Photoshop CS4 64-bit as you requested in this thread. It took a lot of efforts of all our team, partly because most things had to be re-done from scratch, party because the necessary software development materials from Adobe became available to us relatively late. Anyway, all this hard work is now completed, the product is ready and you will be able to try it and use it.

Please note that this will be a separate product, so it will require a new/additional license. However, we are not going to just ask everyone to pay the full price again. For currently-registered users of other Neat Image versions, we will make this product available with a significant discount, at least in the first few months.

So, please watch the Neat Image website later today.

Kind regards,
Vlad
sjprg

Post by sjprg »

Where is my license and download e-mail?
Swreg Order Number: *************
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

sjprg wrote:Where is my license and download e-mail?
Most likely in the spam folder.

We received your order on Dec 15, 2008, processed it immediately and sent the registration e-mail to the address you specified in the order. If you haven't received that e-mail then it means it is either in the spam folder or killed by a spam filter on your side (perhaps your ISP).

Please advise an alternative e-mail address as the one you specified in the order seems to be not properly receiving our e-mails.

Thank you,
Vlad
sjprg

Post by sjprg »

My apoligies, I found it in my Yahoo mail instead of my outlook mail. I never use my yahoo mail and this was the only entry in it. Strange?