Automate Question

general questions about Neat Image
drisley

Automate Question

Post by drisley »

I'm a new user to Neat Image, and I have a found a formula that I really like on some of my 1D3 high ISO images.

I want to make a Photoshop action where NI automatically profiles each image, then pulls down the sliders on the 3 highest frequenies on the Fine Tuner Analyzer on each RGB channel (so only mids and lows are cleaned).

Can this be done easily?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The function of Profile Equalize is different (it doesn't adjust frequencies, it is about brightness levels in R, G, B channels), but - to answer your question - the final goal can be achieved easily.

Have you already contacted support about the other problem that you encountered?

Thank you,
Vlad
drisley

Post by drisley »

Thank you.
Yes, I figured that the frequencies are about brightness levels, which is why I like this method, because generally noise in the brighter areas of an image are not noticeable, so leaving them unaltered helps retain a lot of detail.

What method then is used to achieve this in an automated manner (without having to go thru the bother of manually hitting profile... waiting... then moving all the RGB sliders I want to zero)?

I re-installed NI, and my other problem went away (so far)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is no way to automatically set some of the equalizer sliders to absolute zero (-100%). When answering your previous question, I thought you asked about actual spatial frequencies. However, it is now clear that you asked about equalizer (which is not related to those frequencies).
You can automatically adjust spatial frequency-related settings of the filter, but not brightness-related settings in the equalizer. This is usually not needed anyway because NI can automatically measure different levels of noise in different brightness ranges so if the bright areas are less noisy then NI will detect less noise there and will apply less aggressive noise reduction in bright areas.

Vlad