Neat Image and second computer

general questions about Neat Image
Frisky

Neat Image and second computer

Post by Frisky »

Hi , First post so please be gentle!

I have Neat Image installed along with Elements 4 on my desktop.
I am about to get a laptop to use aswell as my desktop.
Can I add the Neat image to my laptop from the desktop or will I need to purchase another version just for the laptop??
Thanks dave
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This depends on the intended use.

According to the Neat Image license agreement, a single-user license allows you to install and use Neat Image on more than one computer provided you are only *running* it on one of them at a time, i.e., not simultaneously on both. If you need to run Neat Image on 2 computers simultaneously (for example to do the same work faster by dividing the load) then you need a 2-user license or two single-user licenses. Otherwise you only need one single-user license.

Best regards,
Vlad
Cold Steel

Post by Cold Steel »

Do the computers need to be connected to the Internet to work? [i]How about to be installed?[/i] If one is using Photoshop on both computers, but using Neat Image on only one, would that cause the other to stop working?

If one doesn't have an Internet connection, does one need to call for a special code to enter and, if so, is it easy to do? I don't have the time, nor the inclination, to run Neat Image on every photo, but I do work on my photos in Photoshop. If I have some photos taken at ISO 400+ and they need to be snappy, then I'll probably run Neat Image. But for ISO 100-200, I don't think I'd process them for noise reduction.

NITeam

Post by NITeam »

To answer your questions above:
no, not need to be connected;
using the instruction that you receive after purchase;
no, would not cause the other to stop working;
yes, and that is easy to do.