Launch plug-in, in full screen...How to?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Thomas

Launch plug-in, in full screen...How to?

Post by Thomas »

VISTA 64, PS CS3 64, Screen res. 2560 x1600, NI Pro Plug-in.

When I launch the plug-in while working on an image in PS, Neat Image launches in a very small window(minimized). If I enable the "zoom to fit" option it simply zooms the image to fit this tiny (minimized) window. I can click to maximize the Neat Image working window and it goes full-screen, but editing sometimes several thousands of images per week I have to eliminate mouse clicks where ever I can.

How can I tell NI to open in full screen?

The version of Neat Image that I used before going to VISTA 64 would open in full screen when launched.

I have tried maximizing the Neat Image work window and closing the application, but upon the next relaunch it is still minimized.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

It should remember its window size unless you use some window/desktop management software that controls the window placement and size. Or perhaps NI cannot save its preferences due to limited access rights.

Which version of Neat Image do you use, 64-bit or 32-bit?
(PS CS3 64 is impossible, perhaps CS4?)

Vlad
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

It is CS3, must just be 32bit version then. It is the 64 bit version of NI, should it be the 32 bit version of NI. I am running Vista 64?

No desktop software such as you describe is installed.

Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

CS3 and 64-bit NI are not compatible. Only CS4 64-bit and 64-bit NI are compatible.

You most likely run the 32-bit version of NI. Which version number of NI do you run?

Thank you,
Vlad
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

NI 6.0 Pro+ plug in

The .8bf file should go in the plugins folder correct?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I selected photoshop.exe and selected run as admin and it seems to be working fine after closing PS a couple of times and restarting PS. I will reboot later and see if it sticks.

Thanks.