plugin vs stand alone?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Jon Paul

plugin vs stand alone?

Post by Jon Paul »

I am going to purchase your pro version. What are the differences, advantages, disadvantages of using the plugin version as compared to the stand alone? I am using a PC with CS2.
Thanks!
Jon
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You can use the plug-in directly in your PS workflow. With the standalone, you have to use intermediate files to exchange photos between the standalone and PS. Also, the standalone has a built-in batching tool, while in PS you have to use PS batching based on PS actions. Other functionality is quite the same in the standalone and plug-in.

The Pro+ edition 32-bit /Win includes both standalone and plug-in.

Vlad
Jon Paul

Thanks Vlad

Post by Jon Paul »

Thanks for such a quick response!
I will be getting the software by tomorrow. Are there any suggestions you may have for me? I am a full time landscape/wildlife photographer. I shoot mostly large format, but now shoot digital SLR for wildlife. I have a gallery and am hoping to use your software to enable me to print my wildlife images large (30x45 or larger) to compliment my large format landscapes. Any workflow or procedural suggestions would be of great interest. They will also enable me to pass on knowledgeable advice to clients, students I teach, etc.
Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Jon
www.jonpaulgallery.com
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I recommend to start with the workflows described in our quick start guides for the standalone and plug-in.

You will also find many practical recommendations from NI users in this forum.

Kind regards,
Vlad