Neat Image and Paint Shop Pro X3

general questions about Neat Image
peliken

Neat Image and Paint Shop Pro X3

Post by peliken »

Is Neat Image now or will it be compatible with Paint Shop Pro X3?
I have used the demo version with PSP X2 and have updated to PSP X3 and wanted to test it out there before buying the full version. It installed in the add ons area but when I go to use it it doesn't execute.
thanks for any info you can provide.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The 32-bit version of Neat Image plug-in will work with (32-bit) Paint Shop Pro X3. Which version of Neat Image have you installed?

Vlad
peliken

Post by peliken »

I downloaded and installed the 32 bit win version but when I go to use it in PSP X3, I pick Effects/plugins/neat image but then "reduce noise" is greyed out and I can't go further with using plugin.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Is the image 8-bit or 16-bit?

Vlad
peliken

Post by peliken »

The image was 16 bit. I changed it to 8 bit and the plugin worked. I don't that needed to be done in PSP X2, but I will go back and check.
My general workflow is that I start with raw files and first do any exposure changes and save to a tif fil. Then I bring the tif in to PSP and do any other processing that I want and then save to jpg for display.
I don't think that the tif files are any different than any others that I have created.
Anyway bottom line is that it works with 8 bit but not 16 bit.
thanks Ken H.
peliken

Post by peliken »

I misspoke in my last post. I checked other tif files that I have been working with and they are generally 8 bit files.
I don't know why the one I was working with when I had the problem was created as 16 bit but that seems to be why I had a problem with it.
Thank you for your assistance.
Ken H.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, unfortunately PSP is not able to support 16-bit images in photoshop plug-ins. It is still a limitation in PSP X3. Unfortunately Corel is still not able to add that 16-bit support.

Vlad