Upgrade Troubles

general questions about Neat Image
ls1cat

Upgrade Troubles

Post by ls1cat »

I just downloaded the .exe to the latest version of neatimage home + (6 to 6.1 I believe?)... and my Norton and Counterspy goes ballistic and won't allow the .exe to run :( . Any help would certainly be appreciated.

While I'm thinking of it :?: ... I've had the stand-alone version and the PSP X2 plugin for nearly a year (and use it quite often and find it works great), but I'm having difficulty installing it into the new PSP X3 as a plugin. Any suggestions?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

When you download Neat Image from our website, you can be sure that the software is clean.

Regarding Norton etc., this is a false positive, a false alarm. In such a situation in general, I would check the file using other antiviruses and then depending on the outcome would ignore or disable Norton. In case of a file downloaded from NI website, I would simply disable Norton.

To install the current version of NI to PSP X3, please use the instruction from C:\Program Files\Neat Image\HowToInstallPlugin.txt

Thank you,
Vlad
ls1cat

Post by ls1cat »

Done deal. Thank you very much Vlad :D

I discovered that by right-clicking on the NI .exe and choosing 'open' instead of the normal (left) double-clicking... seemed to bypass the "known trojan" bells & whistles that went off when using the latter method.

In-any-event... either way seems to work now. My system must have been a bit 'touchy' yesterday :roll: :wink: Thanks again for the quick response.