can't open raw photo in neat image pro, plugin CS5 wont work

general questions about Neat Image
Jelle

can't open raw photo in neat image pro, plugin CS5 wont work

Post by Jelle »

Hi,

I cant open .NEF/.RAW photos ive made with my nikon d90 with Neat Image Pro. Im using windows 7 x64. If I click 'open input image' it only can select .jpg/.tif/.bmp.

Also I cant get the plugin to work, ive put the file in the CS5-plugin-folder, and set 'additional plugin folder' in CS5 to the Neat-Image-Pro folder, but it doesnt show up under effects.

What am I doing wrong here?!?! please help.

Greets!
NITeam

Re: can't open raw photo in neat image pro, plugin CS5 wont

Post by NITeam »

Jelle wrote:I cant open .NEF/.RAW photos ive made with my nikon d90 with Neat Image Pro. Im using windows 7 x64. If I click 'open input image' it only can select .jpg/.tif/.bmp.
That is to be expected since support for only .jpg/.tif/.bmp is documented in the standalone specifications. You can convert RAWs to TIFFs using your preferred converter and then process TIFFs in Neat Image standalone. Or you can open a RAW image in Photoshop and then use Neat Image plug-in.
Jelle wrote:Also I cant get the plugin to work, ive put the file in the CS5-plugin-folder, and set 'additional plugin folder' in CS5 to the Neat-Image-Pro folder, but it doesnt show up under effects.
Is it 64-bit CS5 and 32-bit Pro+ plug-in? - The Pro+ plug-in will work in PS CS5 32-bit, but not in PS CS5 64-bit. For PS CS5 64-bit, you need the 64-bit plug-in. You can order it using a special offer available in the download area of the 32-bit Pro+ edition.

Thank you,
Vlad
Jelle

Post by Jelle »

Thanks for the info! For me its strange that the plugin can work with RAW and the standalone cant, so I thought I did something wrong. Also strange that 32-bit and 64-bit are no both supported in the same program.

Dont get me wrong I love the noise reduction of the program, just cant agree with some choices youve made, but thats ok :)

Thanks again!