Color channel noise reduction

general questions about Neat Image
Wernerg

Color channel noise reduction

Post by Wernerg »

http://www.neatimage.net/forum/viewtopi ... ht=channel

I found this topic on reducing noise in just the blue channel but I could not understand the suggested procedure. The responder said to switch to the RGB mode in the "Device Noise Profile" tab which I assume means the drop down menu in the lower left of the screen. I do that I and see images of the 3 color channels under the main image. When I switch to the "Noise Filter Settings" tab, I see the same three channel screens below the main image but the column of controls looks just like it always does, Y, Cr, Cb. How do I actually control the channel that I want to reduce noise on?

NI Pro, V7 standalone, Win 7, 64 bit

Thank you
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

That old topic refers to the old version of NI which had an RGB mode. The current version does not anymore use the RGB mode and instead always works in YCrCb color space. So now you can select between Y, Cr and Cb channels. The latter ones contain the color information, the Y channel contains the luminance information. You have separate controls in the filter settings for these channels so you can adjust the amount of noise reduction and if necessary adjust the estimations of the noise levels in each of those channels.

Vlad