Neat Image 7.1 32-bit crashes

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
GoneToPlaid

Neat Image 7.1 32-bit crashes

Post by GoneToPlaid »

Ver 7.1 32-bit Neat Image standalone version running on XP SP3 machine. I set up a batch processing job to process around 120 image files. Neat Image crashed at 95% complete. So I set up another batch processing job to process the few remaining files which were not processed the first time, and started this new batch job. I did note in Task Manager that Neat Image produces thousands of page faults while processing each image. The cause of those thousands of page faults should be tracked down and hopefully either greatly reduced or eliminated. I suggest this since most antivirus software programs examine every page fault, just to make sure that a program is not attempting anything malicious. Needless to say, this could incur additional overhead on behalf of the antivirus software, reducing Neat Image's perceived processing performance.

Other than the above issue, I am thoroughly impressed with how easy it is to use Neat Image as well as Neat Image's noise reduction and image sharpening abilities. Neat Image is far superior to using Graystoration or similar in Gimp. Neat Image's ability to create accurate noise profiles plus the variety of noise reduction controls makes all the difference in the world in terms of the final result.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The crashes and page faults may be caused by corruptions in the metadata in some of the images. If you can identify the images or one image that allows to reproduce the problem, please send such an image to support [at] neatimage.com, we will check its metadata.

Thank you,
Vlad