Applying default settings for all clips

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
Azzriel

Applying default settings for all clips

Post by Azzriel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:58 pm

I am usually working with a big amount of footage that I want to apply Neat video.
Almost always I use Neat video as it makes any footage at least just a little better then it is.

What I would like to achieve is:
When I add Neat to Master Clip or any other non master clip, to have Neat do default setting when I add it, without the need that I do anything more.
Since its impossible to play a clip with Neat Video its last step before rendering video out.
99% of my editing is fast "not so much important" videos that do not need precise and perfect edits.
99% i use Auto Profile - Auto Fine-Tune - Temporal filter quality Mode:High - Spatial quality Mode: High. (I do not see difference when adding those 2 options to high, but hey, I guess its better :))

Now I am loosing most of the time waiting for Neat to Input frames and Build, and often I get "Premiere has not provided input frames from the video" "Make sure etc... with all the steps... And I always do it correct (this is a bug from first day I got Neat).
Even if this bug is fixed I still would like to have it automated.

To sum it up: Neat all the clips in the sequence - default setting. Thank you :)

Rendering times are still a huge minus, for a 20min. clip that has a basic color correction (no effects) it sometimes render for 8h on:
i7-7820x 3.6Ghz
32 GB Ram
1080ti
1 SSD to read
1 SSD to write
Without Neat it goes from 20 to 30mins.

Thx!

NVTeam

Re: Applying default settings for all clips

Post by NVTeam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:40 am

To some extent, you can apply the defaults automatically. You can set up the default noise profile and default filter preset in Neat Video Preferences (the Defaults tab). This will not allow to automatically do Auto Profile but at least the filter settings would be set automatically when you use the default preset.

> 99% i use Auto Profile - Auto Fine-Tune

Using Auto Fine-Tune in this scenario is redundant, because Auto Profile already does that automatically. No need to repeat.

> Temporal filter quality Mode:High - Spatial quality Mode: High. (I do not see difference when adding those 2 options to high, but hey, I guess its better :))

If you do not see the difference, then the only result of switching from Normal to High is the increased render time. I recommend to not do that, unless you see the improvement in preview.

> often I get "Premiere has not provided input frames from the video"

That is something entirely determined by Premiere, unfortunately. Neat Video is just a messenger in this situation.
I wish Premiere always worked properly.

> Rendering times are still a huge minus, for a 20min. clip that has a basic color correction (no effects) it sometimes render for 8h on:

This sounds quite abnormal. Please try to run the test in Optimize Settings in Neat Video Preferences, Performance tab.
Please post the results of that test here. Please make sure the quality is set to Normal in the filter.

Thank you,
Vlad
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos