I know a possible way for mobile support!

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
Tomtom1298

I know a possible way for mobile support!

Post by Tomtom1298 »

Hey!

Probably ALL phone users know how terrible noisy phone-pictures can be.

And, how easy would it be to just fix it with Neat Image, on your phone?

But, yeah. Phones are never strong enough for Near Image.
But, I have the solution!

You guys make the regular Neat Image App. And from this app you select your image + area of noise. Once you’ve selected it, your image is sent to your PC (must be on), and it will render on your PC, and when it’s done, it’s sending it back to your phone and saves on your desktop.

Yes, this may take some lots of GB from your mobile’s 4G, but it’s worth it!

So, what I’m saying actually.

Your PC is your render system, which communicates with your phone. You just sent the image and let it render and sent the rendered version back.

This must be possible. Please, Neat, create this!
I’m 100% this works, and lots of people will love it!
lansing

Re: I know a possible way for mobile support!

Post by lansing »

This sound more like a remote desktop thing than noise reduction. Maybe you should look more into that field instead.
Tomtom1298

Post by Tomtom1298 »

lansing wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:55 am This sound more like a remote desktop thing than noise reduction. Maybe you should look more into that field instead.
I think you get it wrong. It's not like a Remote Desktop Feature.

It's just like this:

You open the app on your phone. Select an image, select noise area. Press 'Render'.
When you've pressed render. The image is sent to your PC, and will render in the background and sends back the image to your phone.
emmrecs

Post by emmrecs »

@Tomtom1298

My phone (Samsung Galaxy) currently "talks to" my PC, such that I can view the photos taken with my phone on my PC, including transferring them to the PC for any desired editing.

Once on my PC I can use Neat Image if I wish and the same app ("Your phone") allows those pictures to be returned to my phone if I wish.

How is your suggestion actually going to "improve" what is available already, using standard apps and connections? :?
Tomtom1298

Post by Tomtom1298 »

emmrecs wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:46 pm @Tomtom1298

My phone (Samsung Galaxy) currently "talks to" my PC, such that I can view the photos taken with my phone on my PC, including transferring them to the PC for any desired editing.

Once on my PC I can use Neat Image if I wish and the same app ("Your phone") allows those pictures to be returned to my phone if I wish.

How is your suggestion actually going to "improve" what is available already, using standard apps and connections? :?
Well, making apps for your consumers is always better, instead of them letting use multiple apps on their own way.
Beside that. It might all make it go a little faster.
emmrecs

Post by emmrecs »

Point taken and understood.

But I wonder whether Neat (ABSoft) might see this as being a little bit like reinventing the wheel?
Tomtom1298

Post by Tomtom1298 »

emmrecs wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:33 pm Point taken and understood.

But I wonder whether Neat (ABSoft) might see this as being a little bit like reinventing the wheel?
I hope they see this as an nice update for their software. For sure doing this for Neat Video is more complicated, so let's start with Neat Image.
They only need to buy some servers to run their communications on.

Because, if they'll do it the way i thought about it, it would be like this:

U = User
S = Server
I = Image

U uploads I on Mobile. Mobile sents to S. S sents to U's PC.
PC Renders. Final I is sent to S, and then sent to U.

I think it's quite impossible to sent the image directly from Mobile to PC. Because in the app you select a area with noice. And this data has to be transferred too. But, i'm not an expert on that. I only can write LUA :P.

PS: If a similar software like Neat Image come's in the future with a app like this. I might go switch.

AND! For photographers it's going to be easier to shoot and sent directly on location. As you can sent your photos from you photocamera's to your Phone. (Lot's of photocamera's support this lately. Even my GH5).