NEAT + 4K120 HEVC from A7S3 - Time Remapping produces stuttering

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
julien BONJOUR

NEAT + 4K120 HEVC from A7S3 - Time Remapping produces stuttering

Post by julien BONJOUR »

Hi,

I just bought NEAT VIDEO PRO specifically to remove the slight image grain from my 4K100 clips from my Sony A7S3.
The problem is that 25% time remapping produces stuttering :cry:

As mentioned in the section "Known Issues for Premiere Pro (Second Revision plug-in)", I tried to nest my clip before applying neat on it, but the problem is still present, it does not change anything .

I tried to delete my lumetri settings and then re-apply NEAT: same problem
I tried the same things in a new project with 1 single clip without lumetri or anything: same problem

Clip specs:
- 4K at 100 fps
- 4:2:2 / 10 bits
- HEVC codec (H265)
- No warp
- No lumetri
- Time Remapping to 25% (25 fps timeline)

NEAT Version: 5.4.3 (SR)
Premiere PRO Version: 15.2.0 (build 35)

PC specs:
- Windows 10 PRO
- Ryzen 9 3900X (stock)
- 32 gb DDR4 3200 mhz (basic XMP profile 2400 to 3200)
- RX 6900 XT (stock)
- 1000gb PCIE 4.0 nvme m.2 SSD for clips
- another 1000 go PCIE 4.0 nvme m.2 dedicated to the premiere pro cache

Usually my pc has no problem when it comes to playing all the files in the timeline, whatever the codecs (h265, h264, all-i) and even at 100/120 fps, and even in 16 bit RAW from my Ninja V at 60 fps. This is not due to a lack of power of my pc obviously ....

So, I don't understand why this stuttering problem occurs.
NEAT works very well on clips that do not require time remapping (24 or 25 fps)

Do you have a solution to work around this problem ?

I only need NEAT to remove the grain from the clips that are shot at 1/200 in shutter (because of the 4K100) and therefore difficult in low light.
If NEAT does not allow me to render 4K100 at 25% with time Remapping without producing stuttering, it will not serve me and I will ask for a refund.

Thank you for your understanding,
NVTeam

Re: NEAT + 4K120 HEVC from A7S3 - Time Remapping produces stuttering

Post by NVTeam »

julien BONJOUR wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:02 am The problem is that 25% time remapping produces stuttering :cry:
Yes, that is a known problem of Premiere itself. There are workarounds for it.
julien BONJOUR wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:02 am As mentioned in the section "Known Issues for Premiere Pro (Second Revision plug-in)", I tried to nest my clip before applying neat on it, but the problem is still present, it does not change anything .
Have you applied that workaround correctly? It is necessary to apply the effect to the nested sequence, not to the clip itself. That is the key.

Please create a fresh new test project with one short clip, make sure the problem is reproducible in that test project and send the project and source clip to support [at] neatvideo.com for analysis. We will check what is going on.

Thank you,
Vlad