Support for multi frame rendering in After Effects 2022?

general questions about Neat Video
ckuehne

Support for multi frame rendering in After Effects 2022?

Post by ckuehne »

Hi!

Now that AE 2022 is officially out of beta, I was wondering if there was a rough ETA on implementing MFR in Neat Video?

Thank you!
NVTeam

Re: Support for multi frame rendering in After Effects 2022?

Post by NVTeam »

Neat Video does its own internal parallelization for ages. Because of that, adding MFR support will likely not improve the performance and may in fact reduce it when it comes to Neat Video noise reduction. We will test that to make sure.

Vlad
ckuehne

Post by ckuehne »

NVTeam wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:59 am Neat Video does its own internal parallelization for ages. Because of that, adding MFR support will likely not improve the performance and may in fact reduce it when it comes to Neat Video noise reduction. We will test that to make sure.

Vlad
Ok - thank you for the response. Being that I've seen a big improvement in render speeds with the new MFR enabled, I'm hoping there's a good balance here when using it with Neat Video.

Thank you for your time!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

We have just updated the AE plug-in (version 5.4.10, can be downloaded from the user account on the website) to enable support for the MFR functionality of After Effects 2022. This will help to avoid a slowdown caused by enabling the MFR option in AE 2022 while using an older version of the plug-in. The updated plug-in (5.4.10) helps After Effects to avoid the slowdown and in some cases allows it to achieve a bit higher overall render speed: 10-20% faster, depending on the hardware and project.

Please download the latest update, run it and share your results.

Thank you,
Vlad