Option to actually use Prepare Noise Profile - Profile Check as output

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
thorr

Option to actually use Prepare Noise Profile - Profile Check as output

Post by thorr »

I have found that I can very often really dial in the perfect noise reduction in some very difficult scenes using the Profile Check and adjusting the color curves and frequencies and other adjustments. When I go to Adjust and Preview, it never looks as good. I understand this is by design, but it would be great if we were given the option to actually use the Profile Check settings, and not apply the temporal or spatial adjustments in the Adjust and Preview tab. Something like a checkbox that disables the other adjustments and uses the Profile Check settings directly would be awesome. This is basically an alternative Spatial filter.

Right now, I have to do screenshots of each frame and save them as PNG files in MS Paint. Then use AviSynth to crop them to just the image area and remove the "Assist Image" logo by overlaying that section from a Neat Video generated source of PNG files of the same frames. I can only do about 10 frames at a time because that is all that is selectable at the bottom of the Prepare Noise Profile page. The result is perfect, but the process is completely terrible and time consuming. Can you please add an option to just use the Profile Check output so I don't have to go through all this?

I am using this with VirtualDub. Thanks for your consideration.
NVTeam

Re: Option to actually use Prepare Noise Profile - Profile Check as output

Post by NVTeam »

You can achieve the same results much easier if you do the following:
1. Go to Adjust and Preview tab.
2. Disable the Temporal Filter completely.
3. In the Spatial Filter tab, adjust the Noise Reduction Amounts to 90% for Luminance, Cr and Cb.

That is not the best way of using Neat Video but if you wish you can do that.
You can even save these filter settings into a filter preset and just load it when you apply the filter to a new clip.

Vlad
thorr

Re: Option to actually use Prepare Noise Profile - Profile Check as output

Post by thorr »

Vlad, thank you so much! That works perfectly!!! I agree this is not the best way in most cases, but there are some scenes that this is required to get the best results. Now that I can get this as a starting point, I can fine tune it from there if I can get it to improve it even further. Thanks again!