Does neat video scale on rendering

questions about practical use of Neat Video, examples of use
exxis

Does neat video scale on rendering

Post by exxis »

Hey everyone,

so I've purchased Neat video yesterday and everything so far is fine, however I want to know if neat videos does correctly scale on rendering. For example I'm working on the project in 4k, but I also render the same timeline in 4k and also 1080p. So does neat video scale correctly or Should I open an additional project/timeline specifically for 1080p?

Best regards

exxis
NVTeam

Re: Does neat video scale on rendering

Post by NVTeam »

This depends on when exactly the frame size is changed in the dataflow. If it is changed AFTER Neat Video processing, then Neat Video works with 4k frames regardless of your final size and so you do not need to do anything. However if the frame size is changed BEFORE Neat Video processing, then Neat Video may receive either 4k or 1080p frame and so you do need to build different noise profiles for 4k and 1080p resolutions because the noise will be different in two cases.

Vlad
exxis

Post by exxis »

thanks for the answer, so how does adobe premiere pro handle it? Timeline is in 4k, neat video is applied before lumetri color effects. After I'm done with everything I put in the queue for media encoder.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

When you open the window of Neat Video to build a noise profile, what frame size is reported there in the bottom?