Sample frame selection not working in Vegas 19

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
neatboy

Sample frame selection not working in Vegas 19

Post by neatboy »

There's two bugs I'm suffering from. 1) I'm selecting the frame I want to use for the noise profile by positioning the editing cursor on the frame and the correct frame is displayed in the Vegas preview window. When I click on "Prepare Noise Profile" I get the Information popup: "You have not selected a frame...etc. Frames from the beginning of the clip will be used". I'm then flicked back to the start of the movie with no apparent way to scroll back to the part I'm actually working on.
2) If I click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner of that Information popup I expect that the noise profile process will be stopped so I can try again, but it does exactly the same as the 'OK' button and proceeds to pick a frame from the start of the movie. This is very frustrating! Is there some other process for selecting the sample frame?
neatboy

Re: Sample frame selection not working in Vegas 19

Post by neatboy »

I think I've sorted this... maybe. It seems that NV can't cope with two versions of Vegas existing at the same time. Not good! It is not unusual to keep an old Vegas installed until all the bugs are ironed out of the new one - or - to keep using some facility that has been removed from the new one. Versions 15 and 19 in my case. Removing V15 and un-and-reinstalling NV cured the problem keeping me from doing an urgent job. NV needs improving as I have to put V15 back in next month and I expect NV to function properly with both please.
NVTeam

Re: Sample frame selection not working in Vegas 19

Post by NVTeam »

Perhaps it is not related to presence of two versions. I do not recall any similar issues on our test machines or in reports of end-users. Perhaps the problem was cured by re-installation of a newer version of the plug-in. The problem may also be caused by something else completely, like having another object (a clip or still) over the clip where you are applying the effect, so the clip is covered by something else.

Please try to reproduce this problem in a small test project with just one clip and if you can achieve that, please send us the test project for analysis.

Thank you.