Enhanced dust and scratch removal

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
Brendan

Enhanced dust and scratch removal

Post by Brendan »

The current implementation of dust and scratch removal works well, however it struggles with motion blur and will sometimes remove parts of the image. Unfortunately, changing the threshold and aggressive/conservative setting doesn't reduce or fix the issue. I usually paint removed detail back in for clips with a lot of motion. Dust and scratch removal may be a niche feature, but it would be great if improvements can be made around motion detection and misidentifying motion blur as dust (similar to the motion confidence setting in Diamant-Film Restoration tools). Having a filter for vertical scratches would also be amazing as mentioned in another post.

I know this may not be at the top of improvements/feature requests, but it would be great for those looking to further restore old film.
NVTeam

Re: Enhanced dust and scratch removal

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestions. These are in the wish list now and your voice is also added.

Thank you,
Vlad
michael95370

Post by michael95370 »

I'd like to second this, particularly for vertical scratch/artifact removal.

I have a digitized 16mm film I'm restoring. Dust, fibers, and other artifacts that are present for only one or two frames seem fairly easy to remove. This film has two thin, dark lines that show on every frame in exactly the same place. I haven't figured out how to auto-apply a clone healing tool to 110,000 frames. If Neat Video could do this, it would be fantastic!
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for your comments and suggestion.

Vlad