PHOTOSHOP 2023 NeatImage 9 will not install??

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Jettubby

PHOTOSHOP 2023 NeatImage 9 will not install??

Post by Jettubby »

Hello. I am running the latest version and updates of Windows 11. I had Photoshop 2022 with NeatImage 9.0.2 plugin installed and running well. I updated to the latest version of Photoshop 2023 using CreativeCloud and all plugins transferred over to the new Photoshop except NeatImage. I closed Photoshop and ran the NeatImage installer and it did NOT find the new Photoshop so I clicked on "manually install into a custom location". The old Photoshop 2022 had a "Photoshop2022" folder in C:\Windows\ProgramFiles\Adobe\Photoshop2022\Plugins where NeatImage was installed. The new Photoshop 2023 does not have a "Photoshop2023" folder. in C:\Windows\ProgramFiles\Adobe. I even tried to install the plugin to the "C\Windows\Adobe\Common\Plugin" folder but when I open Photoshop, NeatImage is not there. Any ideas anyone on how to install NeatImage with PS2023? Thanks.
Jettubby

Re: PHOTOSHOP 2023 NeatImage 9 will not install??

Post by Jettubby »

I finally figured it out and might help someone else here.........the NeatImage plugin must be installed to C:\Windows\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-ins\CC
NITeam

Re: PHOTOSHOP 2023 NeatImage 9 will not install??

Post by NITeam »

Our tests indicate that Photoshop 2023 does have the following folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Plug-ins\
and that it the right target folder for Neat Image. It works there. You may have to manually specify that folder in the "Additional tasks" step of the installation at the moment. We will soon adjust the installer to find it automatically.