OSX 12.6, Premiere 23.0.0 build 63 a lot of problems

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
rideck

OSX 12.6, Premiere 23.0.0 build 63 a lot of problems

Post by rideck »

Hi there,
I'am running OSX 12.6 and working with the newest version of Premiere CC. I always getting errors while adding the Neat effect /version 5.5.5 SR), or when rendering. It doesn't matter if it is the only effect in the panel or combined with lumetri
Error messages are displayed continuously during rendering, for every frame. Sometimes the render process stops, sometimes it works through, but always with multiples errors. With Premiere 22 and the last plugin, I had no errors at all.
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-28 um 09.33.41.png
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-28 um 09.33.41.png (123.43 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
NVTeam

Re: OSX 12.6, Premiere 23.0.0 build 63 a lot of problems

Post by NVTeam »

This may indicate a problem with the input codec used by Premiere to read/decode that MXF file. Please try to convert that MXF file to something else, for example, to ProRes, and then import that new ProRes clip into your main project instead of that MXF file. Then apply the filter to that ProRes clip and check if you still get the same error. It will most likely not reproduce with ProRes, which will confirm the idea of a problem with the codec.

Thank you,
Vlad
rideck

Post by rideck »

Hey Vlad,

thanks for answer me. Yes, you are right, when using ProRes, there are no problems. Unfortunately I can't use ist
with OSX 12.6 and the recent Premiere CC. When transcoding the MFX-files from my Sony FX9 to ProRes (it
doesn't matter what software, transcoder I use), the picture gets darker in Premiere and introduces a lot
of banding, which doesn't exist in the original files. So I have to use the MFX-files to achieve a decent quality.
Can you fix the problem with the codec? I bet there are a few people out there who want to use your brilliant
plugin with their nativ file format of their choice.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The codec used by Premiere is written by Adobe itself, I believe. It is not something that we can fix from our side.
I guess the best way would be to report this problem to Adobe. As a user of Premiere you can send them a report.
If you also send us a test project (with the source clip) that allows to reproduce this issue, then we will send it to them as well.

Thank you,
Vlad
rideck

Post by rideck »

Hey Vlad, MFX is just the container the codec is from Sony and called XAVC 4K Intra Class300. The codec works like any other codec in Adobe and as it supposed to be. The only error that occurred so far is with your plugin. I can recreate tomorrow a small project with a short clip of 10 seconds and send it to you. i don't see here what it has to do with Adobe. Thanks, Falko
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

The plug-in does not interact the codec nor clip directly at all. So if there is a bug in the codec and that bug shows up for example when Premiere has to get several input frames from the clip for a temporal effect (like Neat Video or another temporal effect), then you will see this problem only when a suitable temporal effect is used. We seen those kind of codec bugs (specific to temporal processing) so many times in the past, then I am pretty sure it is one of those. We can confirm that if you send us a reproducible test case. If my hypothesis is correct, then the party to fix the problem would still be Adobe.

Vlad