EXTREMELY frustrated with Resolve 18 + Neat Video - I have 3 3090RTXes and neat wouldn't work properly in 8K

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
guyguy2003

EXTREMELY frustrated with Resolve 18 + Neat Video - I have 3 3090RTXes and neat wouldn't work properly in 8K

Post by guyguy2003 »

Hi there!

I have bought Neat Video 5 around 6 months ago specifically to filter out sensor noise from raw footage out of the R5C. I have the dual fisheye lens and I can't work in any other resolution. I have had issues in the past of neat complaining about full GPU memory but somehow managed to find (after days and weeks) a solution where I don't do any color correction, or even change the raw to the correct settings, but just apply it where resolve uses just one gpu out of the 3 and neat video uses another (I had 2 RTX 3090 GPUs each with 24GB, so it should be fine!). I was using Resolve 18 almost all of the time, so I doubt it's Resolve that's the issue. Anyway, now I have 3 RTX3090s, and also upgraded to the latest neat video (5.5.5) and Resolve (18.0.6) on my PC. I am spending days now trying to get it to work, changing the GPU on neat, the GPU on resolve, all sorts of combinations etc. NOTHING WORKS. I get the annoying debug window of neat with GPU full errors or the whole thing hangs. I have just tried to first color correct and export to DNxHR 12 bit HQ and only then apply the noise reduction but same issues. So no matter how I try to 'tackle' it, it doesn't work.
I have ZERO problems working with my Macbook Pro M1 Max! It works fluidly on this laptop, which despite being super strong when it comes to video, shouldn't be faster and more reliable than 3 RTX3090s?? So it REALLY frustrates me that using a PC with threadripper 1950x with 64GB of memory and 3x3090RTX is so difficult. I literally run my footage through my Mac laptop first as I can't get Neat to work properly on a PC! btw, even before this, when neat worked on my PC, my Macbook was still faster!! with 2 RTX3090s.

Please send me some sort of a solution. It's frustrating enough that updates to Neat don't come often, but it is VERY frustrating when one comes it actually breaks my setup.
NVTeam

Re: EXTREMELY frustrated with Resolve 18 + Neat Video - I have 3 3090RTXes and neat wouldn't work properly in 8K

Post by NVTeam »

1. Which version of the plug-in worked better for you, before you updated to 5.5.5?
Was that still with 2 RTX 3090 at that time? Or with 3 RTX 3090 already?
It could be that adding one more GPU made it all unstable. I would try to remove it for a test.
It is also possible to return to the earlier version of the plug-in for a test, if you believe the issue
is related to the update of the plug-in. Please contact support by e-mail to arrange that.

2. "debug window of neat with GPU full errors"
Please make a screenshot of the first errors shown in that window and send it to support [at] neatvideo.com for analysis.

Thank you,
Vlad