ProPhoto vs. sRGB NI working display

general questions about Neat Image
m-b

ProPhoto vs. sRGB NI working display

Post by m-b »

This topic has come up a number of times over the years on the forum, but here it is again. If I set the color space of a TIF to sRGB, the TIF displays correctly in NI 9, both standalone and in the plug-in. My usual color profile working space in Photoshop is ProPhoto, so when this TIF is passed to NI the color is displayed incorrectly. This does not seem to effect the filtration results. I have made noise profiles for several cameras using the noise profile image, and they are at marked as 93% or better when used in NI, so it's not a problem with the custom noise profiles.

Since it really helps to have a correct visual representation of the image being worked on, is there a way to get NI to correctly use the embedded color profile? This if for TIF files created using the ProPhoto color profile as the working space and embedded color profile.

Mike
NITeam

Re: ProPhoto vs. sRGB NI working display

Post by NITeam »

> is there a way to get NI to correctly use the embedded color profile?

Unfortunately no, that is not supported at this time. The internal viewer of the plug-in displayed the original image data without any additional color correction. This way you see at the original untouched pixels and untouched noise. This helps the noise reduction too.

Vlad