Preset / Profile paths

general questions about Neat Video
erwanl

Preset / Profile paths

Post by erwanl »

Hello.
I'm using Neat Video OFX 4.6.1 (in nuke host, windows machine), and I've been trying to change the default path where presets and profiles are stored.

I changed it in the preferences, but when I click any "browse" button it still goes to what the old path used to be.

From the preferences, there is a section called "Folder History", so I've been suspecting maybe the path setting did get registered but when I try to load a profile it restarts from my folder history (it seems like it could be the case, as if I load one profile the next time it will browse to there, but I want the default to be the parent folder)?

Additionally, I'm wondering where the preferences get saved on Windows, so I could wipe these to make sure I start from a clean state.

Even more additionally, is there an environment variable I can set to define the preset/profile paths?
erwanl

Re: Preset / Profile paths

Post by erwanl »

Of course after looking for a long time, all I had to do is ask the question to find the answer.

I found the settings stored in the registry, and cleared the ones that looked like a history: "CurPresetOpenDir", etc.. leaving "PresetDir" and "ProfileDir", but it's still defaulting to the default location. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
NVTeam

Re: Preset / Profile paths

Post by NVTeam »

> I'm using Neat Video OFX 4.6.1 (in nuke host, windows machine), and I've been trying to change the default path where presets and profiles are stored.

The Profile folder setting determines where Neat Video should look for profiles when you use the dropdown selection
(the down arrow) in the right part of the Device Noise Profile box.

The Preset folder setting determines where Neat Video should look for filter presets when you use the similar dropdown selection
in the Filter Settings box.

These two settings do not control which folders your file opening and saving dialogs display. Those dialogs normally just open the last used folder.
If it is the very first time after the first installation, then they should go to the same folders specified in the above two settings, but after that they use the last used folders.

There is no environment variable to define those paths, but you can change those settings in Registry if you need to. Perhaps the simplest solution would be to establish external mappings / linked folders from those default folders to the folders that you wish to use in your system.

Vlad