Magenta tint spots in the shadows

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Spawner777

Magenta tint spots in the shadows

Post by Spawner777 »

Hello,
Recently i've encountered this problem when editing my videos, with NeatVideo applied there is a magenta tint in the shadows in some spots of the image. When NeatVideo is disabled everything looks fine. See the images attached.
Attachments
example2.png
example2.png (187.95 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
example1.png
example1.png (204.74 KiB) Viewed 1257 times
NVTeam

Re: Magenta tint spots in the shadows

Post by NVTeam »

Do you see the tint already in the Prepare Noise Profile tab of the plug-in?
Spawner777

Post by Spawner777 »

If i put NeatVideo over the Lumetri in the effects panel as i should, it is not noticible as the footage it's D-log and has no color. Otherwise yes. See examples below.
Attachments
example4.png
example4.png (216.99 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
example3.png
example3.png (208.42 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

> Otherwise yes.

That indicates that Premiere sends frames with a tint to Neat Video. Premiere processes input frames differently in presence of the plug-in (and similarly in presence of other effects including some built-in ones). Premiere switches its processing from GPU to CPU path and that causes the difference. Normally, both GPU and CPU paths should produce the same results but in Premiere they produce different results. It is a known bug of Premiere that we reported to Adobe on many occasions but which still remains unresolved by Adobe.

A possible workaround is to switch Premiere to use the CPU in its Mercury Engine and apply any necessary color adjustments to correct the color tint from the beginning. Then adding effects should not change the color anymore as Premiere is not going to jump from GPU to CPU producing the different results.

Hope this helps,
Vlad