Neat Demo Premiere Pro 2024 AMD 7950x3d & rtx 4900

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
basis

Neat Demo Premiere Pro 2024 AMD 7950x3d & rtx 4900

Post by basis »

Hello,
I have a new rig running and AMD 7950x3d (128 GB RAM at 3200 due to 4 sticks of 32gb limit on cpu) and an RTX 4090 (Win11). I installed a fresh copy of Premiere Pro 2024 today and the demo plugin from Neat Video (5.6).

When I am in the neat plugin configuration and test optimize, it tells me the CPU (19 cores) and GPU GPU is the most optimized with 35.2 fps. I see the cpu and gpu graphs in task manager max out during the test.

However, when I attempt to perform a render in to out (or export media), I there is almost no load (2-7%) on the GPU and no Neat load on the CPU. The render screen shows at most 1 frame per second. The GPU does seem to load up memory when performing the render, but again, not much processing load. I have the slider set to 75% (of 24 GB onboard GPU memory).

The premiere project is UHD 4k, and the source clip is 3840x2160 29.98 fps shot from a pixel 7 pro phone.

I have the playback and pause resolution set to full and high quality playback.

Does this have something to do with the source format (ie: should I use an intermediary codec)? Does this have to do with the demo vs full purchased plugin? Something else?

Thanks!
NVTeam

Re: Neat Demo Premiere Pro 2024 AMD 7950x3d & rtx 4900

Post by NVTeam »

This can be related to the input codec. Please try to use an intermediate.

This can also be related to other effects applied before (above) Neat Video. For example Lumetri and Warp Stabilizer. Try to disable those.

Thank you,
Vlad
basis

Post by basis »

Thanks Vlad. Do you have a recommendation on an efficient intermediate codec?

If I wanted the color correction and warp stabilizer (I did not use them in the test I wrote above) how might I use them in a workflow with Neat?

I'll try the codec first and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

ProRes usually works well with Premiere. Perhaps also Cineform or something similar.

Regarding Lumetri and Warp Stabilizer please see this article.
There are other useful articles regarding use with Premiere and better speed in the blog as will. Highly recommend to take a look too.

Thank you,
Vlad
basis

Post by basis »

For anyone else who might stumble across this in the future, I changed the project to ingest using transcode Match Source - Apple ProRes 422. When I did the render in and out as well as final render it appeared to use a large percent of gpu and cpu.

I also followed the guide suggested to put the color correction and warp stabilizer lower in the workflow for effects and it seemed to work well.

Thanks for your help!