Canopus Edius

suggest a way to improve Neat Video
jonandmarkuk

Canopus Edius

Post by jonandmarkuk »

If you have plans to support EDIUS I would definatly look at purchasing the software.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind regards,
Vlad
joliverio

Re: Canopus Edius

Post by joliverio »

jonandmarkuk wrote:If you have plans to support EDIUS I would definatly look at purchasing the software.
Please, please please support Edius! I have a Quad Core system running Premiere CS3 around just for things like this but it is taking forever to process a clip.

I am trying to reduce the noise on an HDV file that is in m2t format in Premiere. The clip is 24 minutes long. It took 7 hours to run the Neat 'filter and sharpen' on the clip which worked great. But now I am trying to export the procssed clip from Premier so I can take it back into Edius and it is taking another 7.5 hours to export the clip!

Please tell me I am doing something wrong here because 15 hours to process a 24 minute clip is not going to allow us to use it a lot.

I think that in Edius it would run a lot faster and save us a lot of time. I also think that you would have a much better platform to work on than Premiere provides. My opinion but one reason we went with Edius instead of Premiere is its speed and ease of use importing and exporting to multiple formats.

thanks,

Joe Oliverio
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

I guess you can render the project in Premiere and save/export the resulting clip in a format readable by Edius in one step, which should take only 7-7.5 hours. I recommend to experiment on a short clip to check how such a workflow would work in Premiere. I think this should be possible. Please check how you can set up Premiere to do what is necessary in one go.

Regarding processing speed in general, there would not be any speed change if we were able to run Neat Video directly inside Edius. It would anyway take 7-7.5 hours because noise reduction is not easy/fast process, and it is the same whether NV runs inside Premiere or inside Edius.

In any case, we have Edius in the wish list and are going to consider it as a ponential platform in our further work on NV. Some platforms are not very suitable for processing that we do in NV, others are better. I hope Edius is a better one.

Thank you,
Vlad
joliverio

Canopus Edius

Post by joliverio »

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought of that as it was chunking away and thought the same thing. I think I double rendered the file; once for just NV and the second time for NV again and then export.

I know what you are saying and I hope that Edius doesn't present any undo problems. Also I think that because I don't have an accelerator like Matrox on the Premiere system, it was just using the CPU to process. I would hope that since I have the Edius hardware accelerator on the Edius systems that might help the processing speed. Not sure but maybe.

The render finished and the output looks very good. I just used the auto profile since I don't have one for the camcorder yet. It certainly is an improvement over the original and will make the final product to the bride look much, much better.

Thanks,

Joe Oliverio
Oliverio Productions
Watermoore

Post by Watermoore »

Count another Pro Version purchase if you had a native Edius version.
Tim

Post by Tim »

We are glad to inform that Neat Video now supports Edius 6.5 directly. For more information please check http://www.neatvideo.com.

Tim
Image Image Neat Video team
noise reduction for video and photos
globalsolutions

Post by globalsolutions »

Tim wrote:We are glad to inform that Neat Video now supports Edius 6.5 directly. For more information please check http://www.neatvideo.com.

Tim
Hello,

actually thousands of users are still using EDIUS 6.x and not EDIUS 6.5x.
Are you planning to support EDIUS versions 6.x ?
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Probably not. Even 6.5x does not fully support all the functionality required by the plug-in, and 6.0 is even less capable than 6.5x in that sense. It would not be able to run Neat Video well I am afraid.

Vlad