NV2.0 Vegas plug-in causes Vegas 7 to crash!

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
Leigh

NV2.0 Vegas plug-in causes Vegas 7 to crash!

Post by Leigh »

Has anyone else found that the Vegas plug-in causes Vegas to crash? I'm unable to render a complete video with NV without it crashing. As soon as I disable NV, the render succeeds. I have added NV to each event in the timeline, as adding it to the track has created other problems (that the NV team are aware of; caused by undocumented Vegas oddities).

How are you guys generally working with NV in Vegas; on the track or at the event level?

I'm having no end of problems with the plug-in unfortunately :(
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Please try to add the NV filter to the Media FX level instead. I hope Vegas will be more stable this way.

Also, if you experience any kind of crashes, please make screenshots and collect any crash logs, they may help us make the combination of Vegas and NV more stable. They may be useful for Vegas developers as well.

Vlad
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Hi Vlad.

I've always used event fx (or track fx) without really questioning why. I'll give media fx a try.

FYI, the inital error I get is:

"Sony Vegas has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I am presented with "Debug" and "Close" buttons. When I close the error dialogue, Vegas closes. If I remove NV from project, it renders successfully.

My other third party plug-ins have never crashed on me before. In fact, this is the first time I've ever had Vegas crash on me.
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Yes, I also haven't seen such an error from Vegas before. Thank you for the information.

Vlad