Strange ringing effect on skin ?!?

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Video
bloodgnome

Strange ringing effect on skin ?!?

Post by bloodgnome »

Hi,

first of all: Great prog, very nice too clean up grainy stuff.

I got a problem though.

When using neatvideo i get some kind of black ringing effect on skin-tone colors. It doesn't matter which settings I use and it is only noticeable when there is motion.

So i think its a bug...maybe you could check it out (look at the arms/shoulders black ringing/saturation whatever):

Still:

In motion:
NVTeam

Post by NVTeam »

Thank you very much.

I think the best way to deal with a problem like that would be the following. Please prepare a small test project that allows to directly reproduce the problem you are describing. Then please pack all the files of the project including the footage into a single zip archive and send it to support [at] neatvideo.com. We will open your project, render the clip, check the results, see the problem and then try to identify the cause and find a solution. It may be something in Neat Video itself, or in settings used, or in project setup, or something else. When we can reproduce it, we can identify the cause.

Thank you,
Vlad
Lugarimo

Post by Lugarimo »

Hi I think it is compressions artifacts from original video. With high compression with WMV and similar codecs the artifacts and blocks "bleed" and leave trails if you understand what I mean. It is hard to remove this even with Neatvideo without killing details. The main noise and compression artifact noise are two different kinds of noise and they have to be done seperately.

So I think when you remove the main noise the ringing you see on the womans arm is the compression temporal artifact thats left.